ACTIVITIES OF NORTHERN CAUCASUS RESORTS OJSC
Northern Caucasus Resorts OJSC (NCR OJSC), established under Decree No. 833, October 14, 2010, manages the project on the development of the tourism cluster in the North Caucasian Federal District, Krasnodar Krai, and the Republic of Adygeamanages the project on the development of the tourism cluster in the North Caucasian Federal District, Krasnodar Krai, and the Republic of Adygea.
According to the Decree No. 1195 of December 29, 2011 "On Special Economic Zones in the North Caucasian Federal District" the area of the previously created special economic zones for tourism and recreation as covered by the project shall be increased.
All-season tourism and recreation complexes included in the project on the development of the tourism cluster managed by Northern Caucasus Resorts OJSC
Today, the tourism cluster project managed by Northern Caucasus Resorts OJSC includes the following all-season tourism and recreation facilities:
- Arkhyz (Zelenchuksky and Urupsky Districts of the The Karachay-Cherkess Republic);
- Elbrus-Bezengi (Chereksky, Chegemsky, Zolsky, and Elbrus Districts of the Republic of Kabardino-Balkaria);
- Mamison (Alagirsky and Irafsky Districts of the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania);
- Matlas (Khunzakhsky District of the Republic of Dagestan);
- Tsori (Dzheyrakhsky and Sunzhensky Districts of the Republic of Ingushetia);
- Armkhi (Dzheyrakhsky District of the Republic of Ingushetia);
- Caspian Coastal Cluster (Derbentsky, Karabudakhkentsky, Kayakentsky, and Magaramkentsky Districts of the Republic of Dagestan);
- Grand Spa Utsa (Stavropol Krai).
The first and second stages of resort construction are expected to be implemented in 2015 and 2018, respectively. Resorts will be put into operation in 2022.
The first stage of construction for the All-season Tourism and Recreation Complex Arkhyz (Karachay-Cherkess Republic) is already in progress. It is expected that, by the end of 2013, the construction of six hotels, office and service buildings, and engineering infrastructure facilities will be complete; an aerial ropeway will be put into operation; and ski slopes will be prepared.
The planned length of ski trails will be more than 1 000 km; the number of ski lifts will be 228 units. The project involves the construction of hotels, apartments, and cottages of different comfort levels for 102.2 thousand people. The daily capacity of the ski resorts will reach 172 thousand people. The required amount of investment is estimated at 451 billion rubles.
Within the development of Caspian Sea resorts, about 60 sports facilities and about 40 facilities for tourist, social, business, hotel, and transportation infrastructure will be built. Hotels of different comfort levels will provide accommodation for 35.2 thousand people. The required amount of investment is estimated at 140 billion rubles.
The mission of Northern Caucasus Resorts OJSC is to foster the socioeconomic development of the southern region of the Russian Federation and improve the standard of living of the local population by implementing ambitious infrastructure projects in the tourism industry and related sectors:
- Develop infrastructure for ski and recreation resorts in the south of Russia
- Attract major international investors experienced in creating, implementing, and managing tourist facilities
- Create and develop government support mechanisms for investors and investment projects in tourism and recreation in Russia
- Foster a positive image of the North Caucasus Federal District as a modern and safe global tourism area