Education development in North Caucasian Federal District
In 2012, the Russian Federation constituents comprising North Caucasian Federal District had 3,439 daytime general education institutions (in rural areas – 2,654), the amount of pupils was 1,117,260 (in rural areas – a little more than 600 thousand people), including 119,664 first-graders and 70, 657 final year (11 grade) students.
In 2012, the subsidy of 190,962 thousand rubles was provided for emergency preventive measures in the buildings of state and municipal general education institutions of the Russian Federation constituents comprising North Caucasian Federal District, including:
- Republic of Dagestan – 70,289 thousand rubles
- Republic of Ingushetia – 17,250 thousand rubles
- Republic of Kabardino-Balkaria – 21,309 thousand rubles
- Karachay-Cherkess Republic – 18,370 thousand rubles
- Republic of North Ossetia–Alania – 9,548 thousand rubles
- Chechen Republic – 1,206 thousand rubles
- Stavropol Krai – 55,990 thousand rubles
Vocational education. Training of labor
The Russian Federation constituents comprising North Caucasian Federal District locate 193 educational institutions of primary (62) and secondary (131) vocational level.
Funding of 500 million rubles was provided for upgrading facilities and infrastructure of educational institutions of primary and secondary vocational level in North Caucasian Federal District in 2012 under Federal Special-Purpose Program for Education Development in 2010-2015.
Higher vocational education
The Russian Federation constituents comprising North Caucasian Federal District locate 64 educational institutions of higher vocational level (30 state and 34 non-state ones) and 117 branches of state and non-state higher educational institutions (80 and 37 respectively), with the total number of students of over 340 thousand people.
North Caucasian Federal University has been created under the Edict of the President of the Russian Federation of July 18, 2011 No. 958. Its development program for 2012-2021 has been approved by the Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of May 28, 2012 No. 854-r. Total funding from the federal budget for the development program is 7.81 billion rubles, 5 billion rubles of which are for the period of 2012-2016.
The key task of education development in the Russian Federation constituents of North Caucasian Federal District is to achieve the average Russian level of the following target indicators:
- Share of pupils provided with modern learning environment – of all schoolchildren
- Share of children and youth at the age of 5-18, provided with supplementary educational services – of all pupils and students
- Share of schoolchildren studying in single-shift schools – of all schoolchildren
- Share of children at the age of 1-7, provided with preschools
- Ratio of the average salary of teachers in general education institutions – to the average salary in the region
- Amount of basic educational institutions of secondary vocational level focused on training highly qualified personnel for major companies and priority economic sectors
- Share of institutions of secondary vocational education meeting modern requirements to the training of highly qualified personnel
- Share of the employed in the economy, undergone professional development and/or qualification upgrading, including courses based on multifunction centers for professional qualifications – of all the employed in the economy
- Ratio of the average salary of teachers and masters of vocational training – to the average salary in the region
- Share of students provided with hostels – of all students of secondary vocational institutions in demand of hostels
- Additional funding of measures on the denoted indicators can reach 627,775.92 million rubles, as estimated by the Ministry of Education and Science